Whats this at a OMC 90 HP engine Carb ?

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi there,<br /><br />while trying to understand my motor and searching the source and target of wires, I saw THIS here. :confused: <br />(the empty nibble of course)<br />
PB083255.JPG
<br /><br /><br />I can't find it in my Seloc manual. Its at the bottom of the carb cover ?. The hose directly under it is connected to nothing .<br />I found it after I disassembled the intake thing above it ro reach the starter screw.<br /><br />I'm searching as well for the VRO pump, as the previous owner told me he has deactivated. Where is the oil tank for that ? (I'm searching for the cable going to the alarm horn).<br /><br />Thanks for your time and help

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Whats this at a OMC 90 HP engine Carb ?

Me again Margret.... :) <br /><br />That there is the cover drain. Look under the bottom carb and you'll see another nipple in the engine block. A short piece of hose joins the two. All it does is keep the bottom of the cover clear of fuel mix. Fuel mix will accumulate at the bottom just from the little bit that falls out of the carbs when the engine is tilted up.

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks as if I have to start to pay you for maintenace support :)<br /><br />Thank you, will connect that hose.

moderator1

Lieutenant Commander

Please reduce the size of your Avatar. Thank You

mrbarth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry moderator, already disabled it again.<br />system got stuck after I changed my preferences and<br />I was not able to reload a small one. have disabled it.