Gasless at motor

fishnpick

Cadet
I have a 20 gallon tank that is built in the bow of my bass boat. It has a 3/8 inch fuel line that comes from the tank fitting and goes to the motor at the back of the boat. The bulb does get any gas to the back of the boat. Changed bulbs and still no gas......Cap is vented......Only thing i could think of is hole in fuel line somewhere. Pressure from motor end of fuel line blows into tank so I know fuel line is open and not clogged......Whas Up with this.......??????

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Gasless at motor

Make sure the arrow on the primer bulb is pointing TO the engine. Check for kinks in the fuel line? How bout' the tank pickup? Have you check that to make sure it's not plugged? That long of a strech, might take some doing to get the gas to the engine. Might try and take the bulb off and syphone the hose to get the gas to the bulb.

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

Has that tank have an anti-sipton valve, if so! check that?

Jcrain

Petty Officer 1st Class

Uhhhh, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you can pressure from engine end up to tank, wouldn't the checkvalve in the bulb try to block it?

fishnpick

Cadet

Checked the pick up in the tank its clean and open. Checked the arrows on the bulb they are pointed in the right direction. When the tank is 15 feet away from the motor you have to pump the bulb a few times more but it will pick up the gas and supply the motor. This boat has done it for years. Something else is amiss. Just rebuilt all of this boat and I am wondering if the new bulbs I got handle less volume of gas.........Wonder if you can get a bigger bulb...no anto siphon valve in this tank that I can see. Pick up just goes into the deepest recess in the tank and out to the fuel hose. What else could it be? I removed bulb and put pressure on the line from the motor end to the tank and it blows bubbles in the tank so I know that the fuel line and all is open......

stsmith

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Just a suggestion. <br />Get a 5 gallon bucket, disconnect the fuel line from the bulb back by the engine. Hang the line over the boat so it is lower than the fuel tank. See if you can siphon the fuel and let it run out for a minute or two. If it stops byitself you have a small air leak smewhere in that line, fitting or connection. This would hide from your bubles in the tank test.<br />Also I have purchased new tank fittings and engine fittings that were defective from the dealer.<br />Just a thought.<br /><br />Smitty

fishnpick

Cadet

Sounds like a good plan. I will do this this afternoon and report back what I find. Thanks for the suggestion.