Is any danger with too fat 2 stroke gasoline?

SiGiS

Recruit
I use almost new YAMAHA-5, but this question is interesting for ALL not experienced TWO STROKE USERS.<br /><br />Axiomatic - gas for all 2 strokes must be diluted with oil (TC-W3). My engine “asks” only 1% of the oil. It is not so easy to be exact with this rate, especially when I pour oil into tank by eye. My sense whispers me to pour by no means less 1%. The danger of running skim 2 stroke gas is clear - I don’t want be looking for new piston rings. Better more oil, so for fear of serious problems it happens for me to pour 2 to 3% of oil. Should I expect any problems running too fatty gasoline?<br /><br />Sigis Stasaitis, Lithuania

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Is any danger with too fat 2 stroke gasoline?

No problems, Sigis.<br /><br />2% oil is a safer mix for engines run hard or stored for long periods.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> dude sigis<br /> now is the time to play with math.<br /> I will tell you like I tell my son. practice it now before its critical. I would keep it at 1%(100/1 or no more than 2%50/1) too much oil will cause as much damage as to little. it will just take longer. the evinrudes did away with 1% but I prepped a 2003 25 hp that runs 2% for breakin and 1% ever after.<br /> good luck and keep posting

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello sigis. Dude if you need anything where I live we have several hundred lituanian students working here everysummer, try to post with them and contact me at rodbolt40@yahoo.com

sloopy

Commander

2% will not hurt your engine, You will need a lot more oil for any thing serious to happen.

sloopy

Commander

or too little oil

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

Why not buy or calibrate a small container so that you can add exactly the right amount of oil per gallon. That takes the guesswork out mixing up a few gallons of premix.