Bay Fishing Boat Suggestions

Redfish Ron

Recruit
I'm looking to purchase my first boat for bay fishing in the Kemah/Seabrook/Galveston area. I've limited my budget to $8-10,000 so I'm primarily looking for used unless someone knows a good model that runs around that price new and 16' minimum. <br /><br />I keep eyeballing this one from a local dealer but I can't seem to scrounge up any information on that particular model. If in good working condition and I didn't have to out of pocket any extra expenses would this be a bay boat worth persuing?<br /> 1997 SeaSprite 20' 135 HP Mercury <br /><br />Any help or suggestions for finding a good used boat is greatly appreciated, thanks.

mattttt25

Commander
Re: Bay Fishing Boat Suggestions

luckily you're in the market where there are a lot of boats for sale. i'd focus your search for 18-20' center consoles, years 1996 - 2000. you should find plenty of boats in your price range. check out iboats, boattraderonline, and thesaltydog. i was doing the same exact thing as you about 4 years ago, and searching hard found a great deal. too bad we're so far away, my 20' center is going on sale real soon (fingers crossed).