Know any websites that address river boating?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Hi!<br /><br />I live in north New Jersey. Am interested in boating some of the rivers in this area. I know that the Hudson river is easilly navigated (watch out for those big boats and ships). But what about smaller rivers like the Passiac, Manisquan, Deleware and others? Can they be navigated with a power boat? What about depth, current, etc?<br /><br />Looking for some websites that address these issues and others. BTW I have been doing a lot of searches, but have not yet found what I am looking for.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Mark42

Lark40

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Know any websites that address river boating?

Go to your nearest boat store and buy some nautical chartbooks for your area. They will show all the rivers and their depths.<br /><br />In my area, I often travel far up rivers where other folks on boards like this have not been, and would not be able to offer advice. The charts are your first source.

Bobby D.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Know any websites that address river boating?

I fish the Delaware River at various locations but mostly at the Water Gap and in the springtime. You can navigate the river only in the deeper parts unless you have a jetdrive. There are some nice/free ramps on the Jersey side all along the river. From June on it is difficult to navigate due too low water but it all depends on the amount of rainfall. I can send you a list of boat launches. You can also get maps of the river and the depths for the entire length. I only know of a wesite that will give you waterflow amounts. I hope this helps. Dude31142@aol.com