Hydro-Foil Stabilizers ??

Bowhunter555

Recruit
Well,I have a question about them. I just purchased a 16' Alum. Lowe flat bottom and that boat has a 1998 75 Force on it.According to the GPS with only myself in it, the boat will run 38-42 MPH When I trim the motor it starts to "poor puss" on me I can trim the engine down and correct this (thats a given)<br /><br />What I wanted to know is , if I installed one on my motor could I expect better performance out of my boat and kill the "poor puss" and still maintain that type of speed or would you just leave well enough alone?<br /><br />If u do suggest installing one, what brand would you go with for the type set up I have ?<br /><br />Thanks!!

kenneths

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Hydro-Foil Stabilizers ??

I've got a 17ft Basstracker witha 70hp Merc. I have a stingray hydrofoil on it, and am only leaving it on because it deflects tree branches from the prop when I'm in the trees fishing.<br /> It actually runs better without it, although it planes quicker, it porpoises more, with it on.<br /> I had one on my 18ft deep-V, with a 115hp jonny, but took it off after adding a setback plate, and raised the engine far enough the fin was out of the water anyway.<br /> In your case, I would not recommend a hydrofoil........ :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm.<br /><br />What the duece is "poor puss"??<br /><br />Hydrofoils will improve hole shot and allow quicker planing at lower speed.<br /><br />They will not prevent ventilation or porpoising.

Hooty

Rear Admiral

"Poor puss" as opposed to "rich puss"?<br /><br />(My apologies JB, I jest couldn't hep it.)<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

kenneths

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hooty, I knew someone would jump on that....I just wanted to be welcome here. :D