'72 65Hp Evinrude- Powertilt

Devilfish

Seaman
Hi all,<br /><br />Is it possible to add a powertilt / trim to a 1972 65Hp Evinrude?<br /><br />and if so, Where can i get one?<br /><br />Cheers<br /><br />Ian

Droll

Chief Petty Officer
Re: '72 65Hp Evinrude- Powertilt

In 1972 you culd get power tilt as a option ,if you culd find a unit ,I can´t see any problems there .<br />One other option are this one PT-130 .<br /><br />
13581_168418.jpg

Devilfish

Seaman

Droll,<br /><br />Thanks for the info. I guess an existing 2nd user unit would be hard to find.<br />The PT-130 looks good. I am in the UK so getting one through iboats is a bit of a problem (unless they can ship to the UK) Are they available in europe do you know?<br /><br />How easy are theese units to fit?<br /><br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Ian

Droll

Chief Petty Officer

Did a quick Google but did not find any shopps in the uk , but I know I can get it here i Norway + in Sweden , just ask you local boating shop ( try one of the bigger one )<br /><br />But you can also send Iboat a mail <br /> Clip from the shop<br />
For U.S. territory and international orders please contact us by phone or email.

Devilfish

Seaman

I will have a look in the week. Shipping from the USA can be quite high and if I have any problems warranty could also be an issue.<br /><br />I will mail iboats and see.<br /><br /><br />I take it these are easy to fit?<br /><br />Thanks for the information.

ddaigle

Petty Officer 1st Class

Devilfish, I have a CMC tilt on my 71 60 hp, works great. Very easy to install, all the holes are predrilled, bolts are provided and just hook the wires to your battery. Seems to be very high quality. Would be surprised if you had problems. Have had mine almost a year in salt water and it still looks and functions like new

Droll

Chief Petty Officer

Done some Googeling ,but I can´t find any UK dealers ,but I found CNC´s homepage ,just send them a mail ,ask them about UK dealers .<br /><br />This one might answere some questions > online manual

Devilfish

Seaman

Thanks for the infromation.<br /><br />I have sent e-mail to CNC to see if they can find me a UK dealer.<br /><br /><br />Will take it from there.<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />Ian

Devilfish

Seaman

No Uk dealer i am told.<br /><br />Looks like i will have to inport or find one 2nd user.<br /><br />Ian

Droll

Chief Petty Officer

I would go for last option , the shipping cost could not be that high ??<br />20 pounds US > UK = 4 - 6 Weeks $49.75 USPS shipping calculator <br />.......................or = 4 - 10 Days $77.00 <br /><br />Don´t know the weight of the CMC unit but ... <br /><br />Other test , numbers from www.boatersworld.com/ <br />Order Subtotal:.........$529.99 £291.18 <br /><br />International Shipping $231.27 £127.06 <br /> <br />Customs, Duties........$146.08 £ 80.26 <br /> <br />Order Total:.............$907.34 £498.49<br /><br />Might also check some other freight companys , UPS ,Fedex , DHL ..

Devilfish

Seaman

Droll,<br /><br />thanks for the information. With shipping and tax etc it make it a bit mor than i wanted to spend.<br /><br />However... I have found a 2nd hand unit for sale on e-bay in the UK. I am hoping I can modify this to fit my engine. Its a much cheaper option.<br /><br /><br />Does anyone know if it will fit?<br /><br /> EVINRUDE TRIM/TILT COMPLETE WITH TRANSOM BRACKET <br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Ian<br /><br /><br />URL below.