Puddle...

Rattle-

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey There;<br />My father-in law brought back my Boat/Motor from the Lake Sunday afternoon...Stood it upright in the shop, but not hung op on the 2x4 that I hammered between the studs. I made sure it wasn't resting on the prop. My question is, that there was a small watery-oily puddle just below the locking-nut on the prop.<br /> We've only been out once before, with this motor. Haven't noticed this on the previous trip out. He said the motor worked like a charm.<br /> Is this just some water drainage or what?<br />I did grease the pivot grease nipple just days before.<br /><br />I went out a few hours ago and hoisted it up to its normal perch, just to see if more junk would come out. I would've thought the trip home would have jostled any water out of it. Thanks for any info you can give me<br /><br />Kerry

D

DJ

Re: Puddle...

Kerry,<br /><br />If the residue is black and smells like exhaust, it is just that. Exhaust residue.<br /><br />If it is slimy and milky brown color, it may be lower unit lube.<br /><br />Pull your prop off and make sure there is no fishing line wrapped around the propshaft.

Rattle-

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Puddle...

DJ;<br />Funny you should mention, but I did find a bunch of old fishing line, wound on a piece of wood, in the boat, when I was out there an hour ago! Can't see the father-in-law not telling me he had some line wound up in the prop. But I'll go and see. Could it be, that they had the motor lying on its side, in the motor, when they came back from the lake? Could I be worrying too much,...we after consider all the options !!<br /><br />Thanks, Kerry