Tiller handle adjustment

cclaeys

Seaman Apprentice
Can anyone help me with the tiller handle adjustment (the part that you hold with your hand to accelerate and control speed)? It is an Evinrude 18hp 1959 model 15028. I have a Seloc manual and it doesnt cover it. The reason I think it is the tiller handle is the adjustment plate (cam?) under the flywheel that you use to adjust link and sync barely moves from the front of the plate to just past the mark that I align when the throttle arm just starts to move. Even if I do the procedure I still wont reach a wot position. The gears that link the tiller handle dont seem to be in a beginning position or that they use all of their potential for movement. In addition to this the handle goes from the stop position to just past the start position - seems like something isnt aligned. It would seem like the gears should be aligned in a manner that they use all of the teeth to move the linkage - maybe I am wrong. <br /><br />Am I on the right track here oir nuts?

cclaeys

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Tiller handle adjustment

nm, disassembled and it wasnt the tiller handle

55Crestliner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Tiller handle adjustment

Maybe this is a stupid question, but is the motor in gear when trying to get more carb butterfly opening? You can't get WOT without the motor in gear, there is a stop that limits it's travel in Neutral. (I'm guessing you know that, but just wanted to check).