trim/tilt fluid

SARAH C

Cadet
Where does the trim tilt fluid go and how much should I put in? Also is there a way to push the pistons in that keep the motor from going all the way down? We want to use the boat but it is difficult w/o the engine going down all the way. We hope to lift the engine manually while we address the tilt problem. Sorry I keep asking these questions about the same topic, but I can't seem to get anywhere.

D

DJ

Re: trim/tilt fluid

Lowering engine.<br /><br />Look on the right side (standing behind engine) of the bracket that bolts to the transom. You will see a hole about mid way down the bracket. Inside that hole, you will see a slotted screw head. Turn that screw counterclockwise to manually lower the engine.<br /><br />Fluid<br /><br />With the engine up, look for a large slotted screw head on a large cylindrical piece that is in the center of the bracket. That is the fluid reservoir fill hole. Remove the screw and fill with power tilt fluid. You will have to cycle the engine up and down (electrically) several times to bleed out any air.

Dick S

Seaman Apprentice

Hi Sarah It sounds like someone has removed the <br />relay box from that motor. Try reversing the<br />2 wires an see if the trim dont go the other<br />diretion.I have the wireing diagram if you<br />need it. doldiron@yahoo.com an be sure you<br />dont get water in the tilt if you run it<br />with the bypass open.

SARAH C

Cadet

DJ,<br />That is how we lower the engine now, but it still does not go all the way down b/c those pistons don't go in. Can we override/push those in some how?