1976 70 hp johnson has never been decrabed.

minocqa

Seaman
hi<br />i have a 1976 johnson 70 hp.<br />i have owned this motor since it was brand new<br />i have never decarbed it, as a mattter of fact i never even heard of decarbing until i found this forum.<br />is this something i should do?<br />i read the post about decarbbing<br />my qustion is my motor doesnt have shader valves at least i havent seen any on it <br />would i be able to spray the decarb spray in the fogging hole. or should i remove the cover off the carbs?<br />any help would be greatly appeciated.<br />thanks<br />Don

minocqa

Seaman
Re: 1976 70 hp johnson has never been decrabed.

Hi DJ<br />thanks for the link, i read it and printed it.<br />do you think i can spray the Seafoam deep creep threw the fogging hole?<br />i put seafoam in my gas and it seemd to help the perfomance a little. but my motor doesnt have much power. i'm going to rebuild the carbs, and check the compression, the probelm is my boat is 270 miles away from my home at my cabin so i cant do anything until next trip up, i'm just trying to get as much info as possible on here before i go back up there to work on it.<br />thanks again<br />Don<br /> <br />Don

D

DJ

Don,<br /><br />You can do that. Really soak it, about three cans.<br /><br />Change the spark plugs after it "clears up". Use only Champions.

minocqa

Seaman

thanks DJ<br />what should i gap the champions chart<br />says ..030 and mecahnic told me .040<br />thanks again<br />Don<br />ps are there any other good links you can think of that i should print to take with me?

Walker

Captain

We had to decrab the whole fire station one time.

minocqa

Seaman

Hahahahahaha that will happen sometimes<br />i see what i wrote now decrab hahahahahaha

DHPMARINE

Captain

I guess it was a long week,for me,just picked up on the decrab.But it probably justifies deep creep.<br />DHP