For Paul Moir

87Aggie

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey Paul,<br />I notice that you're always coming up with old advertisements and specs for older Johnson motors. Do you happen to know where there's an old ad or picture of my motor? 1977 Johnson 140 hp. My decals have faded off and would like to know what colors to paint, also, I know my motor was rebuilt before I bought it a long time ago and was wondering if was painted the right color. My service manual shows a totally different color in a picture in it, it's got me wondering if I really know what year it is, or maybe it was rebuilt with parts from several different years.

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: For Paul Moir

I'm afraid I don't, 87Aggie. Most of them come from The Old OMC Site, and I'm afraid your '77 engine just doesn't qualify. :) <br />I don't see any on ebay or elsewhere right now either.<br />Mabey someone here who owns one can post or email you a picture.<br /><br />Sorry to be of so little help.<br />EDIT: Did find one 77 140:<br /> Picture

87Aggie

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey that's my boat and motor (just kidding). That motor does however look about like mine -same color anyway with faded decals. I feel a little better now about my year. The picture in the manual must have been from an earlier model. I'd rely on my model number 140ML77 (tag on transom mount) but mines got tilt/trim which should be 140TL77.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner

here is part of a pic from the 77 catolog<br />
20048131966897382261019.jpg