is this the right kind of oil?

Paul Moir

Admiral
Do you see TC-W3 written anywhere on it?<br /><br />If not, it's not the right stuff.<br />
80h.gif

adamkosecki

Seaman Apprentice
is this the right kind of oil?

i bought 'two cycle ashless oil' from my hardware store. is this the right oil for the big twin?

cvx35

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: is this the right kind of oil?

Johnson/Evinrude XD25 Formula...It says on back of bottle that it exceeds TCW3 reqirements. You can find it at any Johnson/Evinrude dealership.

Boilermaker

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but is the XD25 good in All 2 cycl. outboards??? Is it good in Carbed, non-oil injected?>good in Fuel & oil injected???>>Is it Synthetic? Blend? from Crude?<br />Just courious about the the differant blends of O.E.M. oils>>Is there a web page that lists the differant 2cycle outboard oils usage?<br />Thanks

cvx35

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The bottle says: EXCEEDS WARRANTY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL OUTBOARD ENGINES...Heck if i know what it's made of? It might not be for 4 stroke engines...I don't know?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Any oil rated TC-W3 will be okay for your big twin, Adam. You probably bought chainsaw oil, which is not right for water cooled engines.<br /><br />Give us the model number of your engine so we can be sure to recommend the correct mix.

adamkosecki

Seaman Apprentice

i got the right oil now, thanks!<br /><br />it is a 57 big twin. give or take a year. i have yet to find reliable photographs on the internet of them so i cannot be sure. i THINK the ration is 24:1?

Paul Moir

Admiral

You got it: 24:1 87 octane gas to TC-W3 rated outboard oil.<br /><br /><br />The Old OMC Site<br /> Evinrude, 1957<br /><br />'57 ought to be model 25028, 25930, or 25532 depending on options for a 35hp.