Raise the motor

Wizard1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey guys,<br /> I hve a 15' semi-V bottom alum boat and I have an 18 hp fastwin evenrude with the 22" leg on it. I've been told that the cavatation plate above the prop should be even with the bottom of the boat. At the moment the cavatation plate is almost 2"s below the bottom of the boat. I placed a 2x2 under the mounting bracket to see what I would end up with and found that the motor is almost dead even with the bottom of the boat but the clamping screws on the mount are very close to the top. The clamping screws have a 1/2" in diameter plate where they come in contact with the boat. The top of the plate on the screws is almost even with the top of the transom, around 1/16 of an inch. <br /> I have some square tubing available that is the same size as the 2x2. 1 peice is heave guage, about 1/8th inch, and the other is thin. Can the heavy guage tubing be attached to the transom in a way that would be safe? I would hate to have this motor come off while in the lake. Or should I scrap this idea altogether?<br />Thanks :cool:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Raise the motor

Outboard Non-repair topic.