Evinrude Engine Carb Request

JJ Jones

Recruit
Welcome to Iboats, JJ Jones.<br />Evinrude Model 75583<br />Year: 1965<br />HP: 75<br />WOT RPMS: 4500<br />Displacement: 89.5 cu.in. = 1466.6 ccm<br />Cylinders: V-4<br />Weight: 226.5 - 240.5 lbs. = 102.7 - 109.1 Kg<br />Gear ratio: 20:23<br />Spark plug: Champion J4C gapped at .030 (was J4J)<br />Fuel/Oil mix: 50:1 87 octane gas to TCW-3 rated outboard oil.<br />Picture<br /><br />Sounds like you need to rebuild the carburetor, so you've got the right plan - getting a manual. Iboats sells aftermarket repair manuals, or you can order a reprint of the original factory service manual from one of the following places:<br />TheOutboardWizard<br />Mastertech<br />Marine Engine<br />Ken Cook <br />The factory manual is more expensive, but its technically superior to the aftermarket one. <br /><br />Parts for your engine are available from many sources, Iboats being one of them. You should have no trouble finding a carb kit. But try to get one from your local Johnny/Rude dealer. If your carb has a cork float in it, it should be replaced with the new style plastic float, and that only comes in the OEM kit.<br /><br />Good luck! <br /><br />The above response was sent on June 20th of this year by Paul Moir. Paul, you stated that I-Boats sells a rebuild kit for my carb. What information do I need to provide to I-Boats or do you know what I-Boat Part Rebuild Number for the Carb is ? Thanks........JJ Jones

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Evinrude Engine Carb Request

Print this & take it to your Bomby dealer. He will look it up.