1990 Johnson 88 Spcl Power Pack Fuse

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander
Does anyone know what the amp value of this fuse is supposed to be? The OMC manual dosn't give it. At one time I must have thought it was 5 amps because I have 20A and 5A spares in my boat tool box, but I don't remember for sure. There are no amp markings on the fuse in place.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1990 Johnson 88 Spcl Power Pack Fuse

Hey Jack....<br /><br />If your talking about the one in the little red fuse holder, that's a 20amp. That's really a fuse in the ignition circuit to the start switch.<br /><br />Jim

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks, OBJ. I know about the 20A main engine fuse. The one I don't know is inside the black box on the back of the engine. In the wiring diagrams, it's associated with the power pack. It's also in an in-line red fuse holder.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Could be a fuse for the T&T....

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

After looking closer, I think you're right Rick. It's in the T & T circuit. But neither the wiring diagram or the parts manual shows a fuse in this circuit. Oh well, I must have had some reason for buying 5A spares and don't remember how I knew. It's been working fo 14 years so I'll just keep going. Thanks for your thoughts on this.