Need help with float chamber part - 1995 112 TSL

mbb

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The plastic float chamber on one of my carbs on 1995 112 TSL cracked at a drain screw and was leaking. I went to dealer and ordered new float chamber. <br /><br />The new float chamber is aluminum (instead of plastic), shaped a little different inside, and my idle orifices and drain screws from my plastic one wont fit it. The bombardier part # is 392376 It matches up to the carb body fine.<br /><br />Dealer says its the only part he can get me. Is this correct? I havent encountered this problem before. Any help appreciated.

funpilot

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Need help with float chamber part - 1995 112 TSL

I'm not an expert... but the alcohol in some fuels caused the plastic float bowls to distort and leak air into the mix, and gas out of the carbs. Not a pretty picture.<br /><br />The bosses for the orifices have to be a larger diamater to hold without stripping out in the plastic, the metal ones (which are an older style) had orifices with smaller diamater bosses. So, when you buy a replacement bowl you have to have new orifices and drain screws.<br /><br />Don't be like me... replace both at the same time. If one fails, the other will be going with it in a year or two...BTDT.<br /><br />good luck

mbb

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Need help with float chamber part - 1995 112 TSL

The float chamber isnt as deep, and the float cant reach the "drop" that it is set for. <br /><br />This still doesnt seem right. If no xperts here know the answer, I will call bombardier.