1998 evinrude ficht problems

ronniep22000

Cadet
at idle speed my no oil light comes and the loud buzzer with it, took it to the dealership i have it serviced at at put the computer on it. well, three oil pressure switchs, two oil sending units, 1 oil pump and 1 system check gauge later the no oil light still comes on. if i get on plane quickly, no problems, only if i idle for a minute. second, when i put it forward the engine stalls out, and if it dosen't stall it comes out the hole like a pig. tired of spending all this $ for nothing, any help would be appreciated.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Re: 1998 evinrude ficht problems

Sounds like you need to find a QUALIFIED FICHT technician, especially one who will fit a pressure gauge on your oil pump and monitor it while the motor idles.

ronniep22000

Cadet
Re: 1998 evinrude ficht problems

a part of my original post that i forgot to mention was that also when i put it in forward or reverse sometimes the engine cuts off. if i start it back and rev it a few times, no problem. as i mentioned before my no oil light would come on and S.L.O.W. engages, would this also effect the forward and reverse functions or would this be a linkage adjustment. thanks