No revers from time to time...

Daniel Beckman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
John faststrike 175 v6 -92<br /><br />Found out that my pinion had lost one teeth.<br />Took the engine to the marina and they gave it new gears and a pinion.<br />After a short trip on the lake i found out that i was not able to get it in reverse (did work when i leave the harbour), the control was stuck (no chance to move it back ) when i tried the rev, but the forward was no prob.<br />Ok, did travel a little more, stop get in neutral and tried again.<br />Voila now it did work again nor prob at all to get it in rev and forward.<br />But it did still act like that with randomly no rev.<br /><br />Have not disconnect the linkage yet to see what to do.<br /><br />Thought i first would write on this great forum to see if someone got a cloue.<br /><br />Thanks!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: No revers from time to time...

Hello Daniel, hope everything is good in Sweden.<br /><br />Go ahead and disconnect the shift cable and shift manually at the engine to see if the problem crops up again. If it does, I would take it back to the shop and explain to them what the problem is and what you've done to isolate it. It may be just as simple as a misadjusted shift cable.<br /><br />The other possibility is in the control box itself. There are some parts in there made of a plastic that could cause this problem.<br /><br />Keep us posted with your results....thanks.

Daniel Beckman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank's OBJ<br />Everything is good in Sweden except my engine :)<br /><br />OK i will disconnect the cable at the engine next time it happen.<br /><br />But do you think it could have anything to do with the gear swap in the lower unit, i mean can the problem be in the lower unit?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Anything is possible Daniel. If it is, may be possibly the shift rod from the lower unit is not adjusted to the right height. Just have to see how it does with the control cable disconnected.

Daniel Beckman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Oki,<br />And thanks again.<br />Will keep you posted with the result.