help!! pee hole on 72 johnson 50 E S

cw2121

Recruit
help!! pee hole on 72 johnson 50 E S

I have a johnson 50 ES 72 model and cant find a pee tube and I also have a problem with the idle,can some one help me please.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: help!! pee hole on 72 johnson 50 E S

Hey mrsheeter....ya' can't find the pee hole cause there weren't one in those early years. Watch the exhaust releif ports just below the pan for a fine mist at idle.<br /><br />We can help with the idle problem but need to know what the problem is :) .

cw2121

Recruit

Originally posted by OBJ:<br /> Hey mrsheeter....ya' can't find the pee hole cause there weren't one in those early years. Watch the exhaust releif ports just below the pan for a fine mist at idle.<br /><br />We can help with the idle problem but need to know what the problem is :) .

cw2121

Recruit

Thanks QB the problem is with alittle throttle the motor runs fine,but when I bring it down to run it will go dead. It is like the idle isn't high enough, Thanks for your time...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Check for intake leaks. You just might need to tighten things up. Cleaning the carbs probably would not hurt. Sounds like the idle circuit is clogged up and until you get to the primary it stalls.<br /><br />Bob

papasage

Senior Chief Petty Officer

check where the wires go down to the foot there should be a rubber grommet to seal the hole up . if no gromet seal with silacon . the exzoust will choke the engin down when coming up in to the cover