Evinrude 150 oil alarm and top end rev loss?

Hamish1

Cadet
Hi All, quick couple of questions. <br />I have just bought a Quest 207 with an Evinrude 150 Oceanrunner, both 1993. Took it out about a wk ago for a quick test to see that engine/everything was working ok, engine sputtered at top end revs on a couple of trips down river but was also ok on others? The fuel in the boat was 1 yr old and I have now replaced the old fuel and filter as well so hopefully that should be fixed, any other possible causes? Also, the day after taking it out I had a good look through boat and engine and found the two wires from the remote oil tank corroded and severed, ive reconnected them and topped up the oil tank but a solid alarm now sounds from console? When wires are disconnected no alarm. I take it that the unit on top of the oil tank is an oil level sensor and not a pump to the engine? Other posts on similar suggest cleaning (as it may be gunged up) it and reinstalling, any other ideas on the alarm?<br /><br />Many thanks in advance<br /><br />Hamish

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Evinrude 150 oil alarm and top end rev loss?

Moving to Evinrude Troubles.

blgrams

Seaman Apprentice

replace the oil injection system with a standard fuel pump and mix the oil/gas yourself. as you can see the only indication that the oil injection system is working properly is "flakey" at best. at least when a standard fuel pump using premix fails you rarely have to rebuild a powerhed. this will also probably be cheaper than fixing the oil injection system.<br /><br />bruce

kgw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hamish,<br /> Reverse the two wires you repaired,if the horn still sounds you have a failed self test circuit in the oil tank pick up.