tilt/trim on johnson 200 venom

kwashington

Recruit
i went out to run my motor before my trip. i replaced the running motor battery. while replacing it the negative touched the positive with a spark. i connected the wires correctly and trimmed the motor down and ran it as usual. when i went to trim it up it would not move or make any noise at all. only the down trim button would make the trim motor hum. i took off the cover and swithed the trim relays, and the up button operated the down hum. i bought a replaced both relays. now the motor makes the hum both up and down, but motor does not move! please help.<br /><br />thanks<br />need to fish

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: tilt/trim on johnson 200 venom

I doubt touching the battery cable to the wrong post did any damage to your t&t. If you hear the pump running, but there's no movement, you may be low on fluid or the manual release screw might be open/leaking.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

kwashington

Recruit
Re: tilt/trim on johnson 200 venom

thanks<br />i did open the manual release valve before putting in new relays, but closed it afterwards. if the fluid is leaking, would it leak from the manual release screw or somewhere else? the local dealer told me how to check the fluid, however i am yet to be able to get the engine up. i bought a come-along today and will try to hoist it up with the manual release screw open. what color is the fluid?<br /><br />thanks in advance<br /><br />need to fish