How much gas?

ratherbefishin

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've got my little 6hp evinrude and a 3 gallon tank.How long will that last at say, 1/4 throttle? and 3/4 throttle?I will be going for about a week with no gas available,and am trying to figure out how much to take

ratherbefishin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: How much gas?

We'll we running up to 6 miles down the river[ probably paddling, or idle speed]then back upstream against a fairly slow current, twice a day, morning and evening.

PDS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tough call,depends what type boat it's pushing and how much gear is in the boat and how many people are on the boat. 2 weeks ago myself and a freind of mine took a 17' canoe out 3 days fishing with his 4 hp and 2 gal. of gas out. We burnt up less than a gallon of gas. Too many variables to just guess, offhand I think you may need more gas.PDS

dakotashooter2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'll have to vote with Middleground. A gallon per hour at WOT. Thought you'll probably do better than a photo finish on a 6 mile trek. My 9 hP on a 12ft will usually get me + 1, downriver(stop, go and drifting one way) 10 miles and back on about 2 gallons +. My 6 HP does slightly better but is slower.