Could this broken hose be my problem?

rboat99

Petty Officer 2nd Class
OK, earlier this week I posted that I was having fuel starvation problems still after replacing the fuel pump and I mentioned that there was a hose or a wire jacket crimped between the air cover and the engine.<br /><br />I just removed the cover and found a small hose that it was a small hose and that it broke off. This hose comes from some device on the port side of the engine below the fuel pump. It has a like a tire inflation cap on it.<br /><br />Does anyone know what this is, or where this hose goes?<br /><br />Could this be my problem?

rboat99

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Could this broken hose be my problem?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the hose is small in diameter and it looks like it is supposed to go on a T fitting with two other hoses.

rboat99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Update, I traced the hose, it looks like it goes to a small inlet nipple on one of the carburetors. Duh, I think we have a problem here.

rboat99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well I fired it up to see if it was leaking and it did not look like it. Maybe this is just a hose for the choke?

Walker

Captain

That would be a primer hose. The thing with the tire inflation cap is your primer solenoid. The hose should go from there to the nipple on the top of your carb. I suppose with it off the carb could be sucking too much air but I rather doubt it since that hose dumps straight into the air venturi of the carb.