tach/ guages help twinn 225 evinrudes

benchmark

Cadet
1994 twinn 225 evinrudes<br /><br />port tach got irratic and then stopped all together. volt meter and gauges were still working . next day gauges stopped also. eng starts and runs fine. <br />checked volts at batt w/ eng off 13.05v<br />started eng and ran it up to aprox 2000rpm and got 14+ volts at the batt. still tach and guages no go.<br />i jumped power from the starboard tach to the port tach and it works great along with all the gauges. why am i losing power to the port tach? where dose the port tach get power from. tarated eng with power jumped to the port tach and it runs up fine and all is well.<br />where do i go from here??<br /><br />thanks in advance<br />regards benchmark

benchmark

Cadet
Re: tach/ guages help twinn 225 evinrudes

any thoughts anyone???? could the voltage reg be bad even though it reads 14+ when running at the battery???

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Do you have separate regulator/rectifiers for both engines or are they combined? I'm not much on the twins, but thought I would ask..

benchmark

Cadet

each eng has its own reg/rec. when i checked voltage at the batt it was with the port eng only on and running.