Dhadley, Set-up question for ya!

vissertrades

Petty Officer 3rd Class
First off, thanks for your time and for sharing your knowledge! Here's my question:<br /><br />I've added a Detwiler 6" jack to my 15.5' aluminum smokercraft center console "big fisherman". Motor is a '95 Johnson 50. Boat now sits slighly bow-up as expected but my question is has the WOT trim angle been effected? previously I leveled the boat and AV plate, put a sticker on the motor mounting bracket and have a trim gauge that reads dead center at the level point. With the jack it seems I can trim out until the gauge is in the tilt but the prop is on the edge of venting at this point. I was out in it yesterday playing with the smart tab adjustments to limit porpoising and hit 37.5 Mph @ 5800 rpm. Motor is sitting 3/8 up from lowest setting. Prop is a Stiletto 11-3/4x17. Here's a link to some previous testing...<br /><br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=036830 <br /><br />Thanks!

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Dhadley, Set-up question for ya!

Yes, the angle will be affected anytime you change the lateral center of gravity or pivot point.<br /><br />The trim angle will also be affected by setback. The setback may place the propeller in more "solid" water (sometimes called the "sweet spot") away from the turbulence of the water coming off the hull.