orbital buffer power

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
I have plenty of experience with a circular polishing wheel and have never had any use for an orbital one because of their lack of aggressivness on oxidized finishes.Well, I no longer need to use my circular polisher since I had my hull painted with Imron.I am in the market for an orbital.I have only seen a few and the orbital rpms were 3500 and 3700.Anyone know the high and low end of the spectrum on this.Is 35-3700 average or is this a low end unit?? Charlie

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: orbital buffer power

you want an adjustible circular one .....a good orbital is the porter cable ,,,,,,,,,i perfer makita for my good stuff.........small light weight ,semi powerfull ......i have an awsome orbital from makita with a switch on the side that makes it add forced rotation when turned ....so it rotates [circular] and it orbits at the same time .....i dont think you can get to fast on the orbiting part.......people usualy are concerned with a powerfull motor that wont bog out when you lean on it a bit ...they sell counter weights to add to make it vibrate more or less ,,,,just make sure its powerfull enough to not bog....

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

I had a b&decker and that just what it did as soon as it came in contact with the surface to be buffed.It was useless!!!Thats why I was hoping to get some feedback on the orbital rpms I will need to get a decent unit.Any idea what your is rated for bb4cyl?? Charlie

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

be very carfull with that site ..it is addicting ....i ended up spending almoast 1000 dollars in detailing supplies ,,,,,,,,,that i thaught i would use ......there they sit .....carefull..........some real bargains but be carefull. :D :eek: