What's it worth

Docdoc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My neighbor has a clean 1990 16 ft. Bass Tracker aluminum boat with a 35 hp merc of the same vintage. The boat is pretty well rigged out with trolling motor ,side console, 2 fish finders, forward swivel seat, 2 fold down seats,, carpet, etc. The motor is clean and runs good with plenty of power for this boat. All of this sits on a nice trailer with 13 inch wheels.<br />Can anyone give me an idea of what this rig is worth? I don't want to cheat my neighor, but I don't want to get taken either

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What's it worth

Nada.com<br />Btw, nice rig. I would have liked to have found one of thems a couple years ago before I bought what I have now...Chief :)

Docdoc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the comments. I'm with ya on that. It would have saved me lots of aggravation trying to do what I want to do with what I've got.<br />I checked NADA and they don't even lilst bass tracker as a brand.

one more cast

Captain

Docdoc, Bass Tracker would be listed under Tracker Marine. I don't have much faith in NADA prices being very accurate on boats. I did a completed auction search and similar boats on eBay seem to sell between $2500-$3500.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The older Tracker boats were not made or finished nearly as nicely as the newer ones, so don't let the price of a new one effect the price of this one.<br /> <br />Also, location plays a big part in boat value. <br />In the upper midwest about $2500, in Florida, alot less.

Docdoc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys! I'm on the mid gulf coast of Texas and there are lots of boats to choose from. This one has never been in salt water. The problem I have is I love to go out on the bay. This boat might not have enough beam width to be comfortable out there. He's asking $2500.00 which I think is okay for the condtion it is in.<br />Think I'll take it out for a spin and see how it goes.

biloxiriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

$2500.00 sounds like a fairly decent price for the rig. You can also check www.buc.com; I checked it a few minutes ago and they list the boat for $1,800-$2,150 not counting the motor so adding another grand for the 1990 35 merc puts you in a fair price range.