Evinrude 150 thermostats

okbasser

Cadet
Just bought a used bass boat with an evinrude 150 intruder this past winter. I don't have the history on this engine as far as the previous owner. It is a 1993 ,it appears to run well, I do think it has sat a few years as the last boat tag was from 1998. I want to take a look at the thermostats ,but don't have a clue where to look.Any help is welcome!

Marc J.

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Evinrude 150 thermostats

I'm no expert, but I changed the t-stats on my old "88" a few weeks ago. Pull the cover and look along the back of the motor. I'm sure others will chime in giving the specifics for your motor. Good luck, mine was time consuming.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to iboats okbasser.....<br /><br />I do believe your t-stats are located at the top of each head and can be checked/removed by removing the four retaining bolts that hold the cover on. It would be a good idea to check these as there was an upgrade to the t-stats. Careful of the spring in there. They like to take flight when released.<br /><br />If you don't have a manual, I would highly recommend getting one. They are great for projects like this one.<br /><br />Keep us posted if you have any questions....thanks.

okbasser

Cadet

Thanks guys,Hey OBJ exactly what kind of an upgrade? am I messing the engine up by not replacing the thermostats ASAP??