Up-dating warning system?

1986mariner150

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1996 johnson 150 fast strike that has the newer style wiring harness but did not have the indicator l.e.d.s., it had a horn driver. I bought a new tach off ebay that had the lights in it, and it was plug and play (works great). My question is what do I need to do to make the horn a part of this system? According to manual I need to hook it up to the 2 pin duestch connector, problem is I don't have the male end from the horn to the existing harness, and I want to make sure I am inturpreting this right before I scotch in and let the smoke out of my wiring harness. The duestch connector I am looking at has a purple wire, and a white w blue stripe.

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: Up-dating warning system?

'kay. The purple wire is switched 12vdc from the ignition switch. I don't have a '96 manual so I can't be sure but the white wire with the blue stripe may be tan with a blue stripe. Check both hi-temp switches and see if either one of them has a white or tan wire with a blue stripe. If ya can't figger it out, keep bumpin' this post to the top. Somebody knows.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Another thought. Look at the VRO switches and fuel vacuum switch (if it has one) for a same color wire.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

1986mariner150

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the replys hooty. I went ahead after reading the manual again and scotched it in. It seems to be working ok. There is a black wire on the buzzer that I assume is ground that is not hooked up, I am wondering if I need to tie it into the ground circuit.