Evinrude 150 trim/ tilt problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne park

Recruit
I raised the motor trim all the way up until it quit going up now it will not go down. The pump motor runs but it won't move. The motor is a Evinrude 150 V6 Intruder, model E150GLEIS. Any suggestions?

Richok

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Evinrude 150 trim/ tilt problem

According to my Evinrude manual check the following. Will not trim or tilt down.<br /><br />1. filter valve seat ( under the resevoir)<br />2. Manual release loose<br />3. Impact sensor valve (also under the resevoir)<br />4. Pump control not opening trim check valve.<br /> under the tilt motor, you can take out with <br /> drag link( best bet, you can get at NAPA <br /> for about $11. part # ns-91) or big screwdriver.<br />5. trim check valve plugged. <br />6. Expansion relief valve (locked in full tilt <br /> position.<br /><br />you have to take the motor off the boat to get to all except item 4 above.<br />I have the same problem right now. I cleaned the trim valve and it worked until I got it back to top tilt. Expansion valve is my next move.<br />I would get a maual before I attemped it though.

Richok

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Evinrude 150 trim/ tilt problem

ezliving you may have the same thing I have. I found a broken spring in the trim down pump relief valve. This regulates the oil pressure in the system during tilt and trim down operation.<br />I tore into mine today and found the spring in about 5 different pieces. If you want me to tell me where I can send you some pictures and I will show you where it is.

Lone-wolf

Recruit
My trim motor go up good but down jerks and it won’t shut off you have to shut power off or pull relay out help me out if you can thanks just text me what ever will help thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Going down jerks

Is that a comment on the forum members? :smile:

This thread is from 2004. 15 years ago. Please start a new thread cuz members don't look at threads this old as a rule.

Also please don't for private consults. Doing so completely invalidates the forum which is designed to be an open flow of information.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.