Shift switch adjust?

Daniel Beckman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Got an john 175 faststrike -92<br />First time this sesson the shift switch did put in at about 4800 rpm (guees if i did track a lot before i figure out what it was makin the engin loose the power at that rpm)<br />Well it was the **** switch that start to vibrate and with short random touch did kill half the engine.<br />Got expained from some great guys on here that the switch is there to make it easy to get in and out of gear.<br />But im sure it had never killed half the engine when it should cause now i know how it should sound when three cyl. is killed.<br /><br />Well now to my quest.<br />I have no prob to put my engine in and out of gear (have put that switch out of its holder to get the engine work over 4800 rpm)<br />how should i adjust it to work right, cant even figure out how it can work with that construction?<br />I dont wanna trick around with the wire to the gear cause i got no prob with in and out of gear.<br />Is it an internal adjust at the holder?<br /><br />Here you can find a pic of the switch:<br /><br /> http://www.carlskoga.com/boat/shiftswitch/shiftswitchclose.JPG <br /><br />Got the Seloc manual but that doesnt sya a word about the switch.<br /><br />Thank's<br />Daniel