fuel restriction alarm

badjohnson

Cadet
engine randomly sounding fuel restriction alarm and check engine light comes on. usually when cruising 4000 rpm's or so. i usually slow down a little and alarm stops after a few seconds.<br /><br />the hose clamp around primer bulb was broken, so i figured was getting air and i put a new clamp on. when priming before start and when alarm goes off, the ball is soft and full of air. shouldn't it hold gas.<br /><br />I see many post referring to sticking anti-siphon valves, but wouldn't that cause ball to collapse rather than get soft. <br /><br />any advice would be appreciated.

Daniel Beckman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: fuel restriction alarm

1. Check went at the tank.<br />2.check the fuel filter at the engine (mine did act like yours, wnd i found out that it was a little clogg in the fuel filter.<br />3.try to connect a portable tank direct to the fuel filter at the engine.

badjohnson

Cadet

thanks, i will check vent. i already checked filter in engine it seemed ok. if vent is clogged would that cause ball to collapse? mine is not collapsing it gets soft and empty.

Daniel Beckman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not sure how the primer bulb should act up, will check mine tomorrow.<br />Have you checked that the primer bulb is in the right direction...it should have an arrow that tells what direction it should have to the engine.<br />Also check the hose and if you got an water filter check that to.<br />But the best thing to do is to connect an portble tank direct to the fuel filter the you can exclude any fault in the fuel direction to the engine.

badjohnson

Cadet

yes, i will do some more investigating.<br /><br />thanks