Johnson 35 mixture ratio

dostoy320

Cadet
Hello,<br /><br />I've got an old Johnson 35, not sure of the year, but it's old enough to have those cool-looking red fins running down the sides of the motor case, as well as the old gas/air two-line system running to the gas tank.<br /><br />I need to know what mixture ratio I should be running in this thing. Also, could anyone give me a rough estimate of the date of manufacture based on my lame description? If it helps, it also has electric start and the color scheme is redish burgundy and white. And, I think the name on the side is Seahorse...<br /><br />thanks guys,<br />adam

tgissel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Johnson 35 mixture ratio

The gas:eek:il ratio should be 24 to 1. The motor sounds like a mid 50's. The burgundy color is actually called Holiday Bronze. Look on the transom clamps to get the model#

tgissel

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by tgissel:<br /> The gas:eek:il ratio should be 24 to 1. The motor sounds like a mid 50's. The burgundy color is actually called Holiday Bronze. Look on the transom clamps to get the model#

Paul Moir

Admiral

Tgissel is dead on. Just to narrow it a bit, 35hp engines were only made between '57 and '59 in those sort of colours.

dostoy320

Cadet

Thanks a lot gentlemen... I'm going to see if I can get it to fire up.<br /><br />-adam