runs rough after warm

tbreneman

Cadet
1996 Evinrude,35 hp 3 cyl. Runs great for about 5 minutes. Then it coughs and hacks and won't go on plane. I've rebuilt the carbs and got a new ball form the gas tank. Any ides on what to try next?

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: runs rough after warm

While it's doin' it's "coughin' spell" give the primer (choke) a quick engagement and see what happens. If the running improves any, even just for a second, ya still got carburetor problems. <br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Another possibility is the powerpack. You can sorta check it with the engine on the hose. With the engine at a fast idle, not above 2,000rpm, warm the powerpack with a hair drier and see if you can induce it's hackin' fit. Try those and if ya don' get any results, get back to us, on this same thread, and we'll try something else.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

tbreneman

Cadet

we put in another powerpack while in the water from another engine. It did nothing (Same symptoms) I just did the engine cleaner thing (de-carbon). Will go on the water tomorrow and see if it helped. Thanks for you input,I'll keep in touch on this thread. Mike

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Did you pull out the choke and just leave it out or was it a real quick? By quick I mean as fast as you can pull it out and them push it back in.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty