Still Backfiring

cotester

Cadet
recently on with johnson 6hp sea horse m#6R78B s#C8019151 still backfiring and is this a 1978 year

cotester

Cadet
Re: Still Backfiring

Im getting frustrated with all the cranking. I pull 3x with choke on I get 1 cough shut choke off pull 3x get another cough. Can anyone help please?

P.V.

Chief Petty Officer

You either have the spark plugs wires As$backwards or the primary coils wires As$wackbards !! Or, a bad power pak!

cotester

Cadet

no it was running fine and theres lots of fire sounds like it wants to go but just gives me one cough you think i should check the carb again maybe one of the passages is plugged

cotester

Cadet

also it running fine then it just started to slowly die out when i opened up carb it hed water in it the fuel pump was faulty and i corrected fuel pump cleaned carb and fuel lines changed plugs still coughing

gain11

Seaman Apprentice

hey cotester here's an idea to keep from all that cranking: I bought a 3/8" square/hex adapter so I could put a 3/4" socket on my cordless drill. Remove the pull start assy. and use the drill/socket setup to crank the flywheel. careful to let your drill cool down every few tries. a cordless impact would work great.