2 stroke oil Canadian Tire

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer
I've read a lot about 2 stroke oil. Conclusion that I now have is that all oils are not the same. Who knows which one is better?<br /><br />Now my question:<br /><br />I have a brand new 2003 Mercury 90 HP Classic 2stroke.<br /><br />Which Oil should I purchase?<br /><br />Mercury $35/gallon (Have to drive 50 miles to get it at this price)<br /><br />Canadian Tire - $14/Gallon<br /><br />Canadian Tire Premimum Oil - $22/Gallon<br /><br />I go through about 5 gallons of oil per season.<br /><br />The mercury OEM is expensive. If I purchase it close to home it is about $45/gallon.<br /><br />Anyone know about Canadian Tire Oil?<br /><br />I'm not trying to create a discussion on oils again.<br /><br />Just want to know about Canadian Tire oils.<br /><br />Tx.<br /><br />Joe

ZmOz

Captain
Re: 2 stroke oil Canadian Tire

If the Canadian Tire oil is TCW-3 don't waste your money on the expensive stuff. If it's not, don't use it. :)

tradin

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i,ve used canadian tire oil with no probs just dont mix 2 diff types together as they have diff flashpoints

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to General Outboard

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade

the canadian tire oil is perfectly fine in fact the premium is the same stuff as the mercury oil the same exactly and that was told to me by the canadina tire buyer