Troubles with system check? (look picture)

stefano71

Cadet
systemcheckmain.gif
<br /><br />I send again the message to show my check system.<br /><br />Hallo,<br />i started my johnson 40 hp 2002 after changing water pump and after a four months period of inacticty. After several time the engine started.<br />My problem is that the engine execute the system check, as normal, before start-up but after the engine started the system check run again (the system makes a second beep, the lights are relit and then they are turned-off in normal succession).<br />The motor then works perfectly. <br />this is normal , or not? I had the impression that the oil did not arrive to the motor. I have cleaned up the tubes of the oil from the eventually presence of air, but the system check is behaved in the same way.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Troubles with system check? (look picture)

Hi, Stefano.<br /><br />Please do not post your question in many places or repeat your posting.<br /><br />You may modify your posting by clicking on the "edit" icon.<br /><br />Thanks. :)

stefano71

Cadet

ok ..... excuse me<br />i'm new to this forum

ob

Admiral

Describe the alarm that you are getting after starting the engine.Constant tone,rapid short tones ,etc..This will help us narrow down your problem.<br /><br />How long did you test run the engine?

stefano71

Cadet

The alarm is identical to the "all system check" (first a 1/2 second beep then the light turn on and then in sequence off): in other words after running, the engine repeat immediately the system check and then work fine. I tested for about three minutes then i stopped it; i repeat the procedure two three times with the same results.

AtlDawg

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My Johnson "re-runs" the check after I crank the engine every time and always has. I assume that is because of the starter draw on the battery interupting power to the gauge. Maybe your battery is a little low after 4 months of activity. Just a thought...