Clamp On Jack Plate?

markethunter

Recruit
Anyone make a clamp on Jack Plate for smaller horsepower outboards<br /><br />25hp or under?<br /><br />I leary of installing a jack plate on my boat since it looks like I'll have to bolt it through the transom.<br /><br />I'd like to find a clamp on plate if someone makes such a thing.......

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Clamp On Jack Plate?

Welcome!!<br /><br />Considering the added leverage I'd be a bit concerned about a "clamp on" jackplate. Bobs Machine does make a very nice small one for that application. www.bobsmachine.com

markethunter

Recruit
Re: Clamp On Jack Plate?

I've got an aluminum boat with a very stong transom.<br /><br />Leverage is not a problem. It won't be enough weight to make a big difference.<br /><br />My real problem lies in that I use my boat for hunting and I run a couple different motors.<br /><br />One Mud Motor like a Go-Devil and and Outboard.<br /><br />The Go-Devil and Outboard I interchange throughout the season.<br /><br />But I'd like that Outboard on a Jack Plate for shallow water running, but don't want to have to take the jack plate on and off along with the motor, etc.<br /><br />The Go-Devil won't work on a Jack Plate.<br /><br />Thus here lies my delima.