Pontoon Cover

LittleTrish

Cadet
We just baught a Bentley 24' pontoon. I'm currently looking for a cover. The problem I'm runnug into is that most Pontoon covers are for boats with 92" beam. The bentley is a 102" beam. The covers look like they will fit over an extra 6". I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this. There are 102" wide covers, but they are rather expensive. Iwas just wondering if Icould save some money with the 96" wide cover<br /><br />Thanks

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Pontoon Cover

You might want to call the manufacturers of the covers you are thinking about and ask them. The height of your on-deck furnishings would also effect the fit so knowing various dimensions would be helpful. Keep in mind that this is a very nice boat you have. There are various alternatives for taking care of it - such as a garage, boat storage, a canopy, covers etc.. Good luck!

jollymon

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Pontoon Cover

I think it might be worth your money, to go to a dealer, and see what the custom cover for your boat would cost. <br />A generic cover no matter how close of a fit, is going to have sags in it, those sags will collect the rain, which will make it sag even more, and either rip the cover, damage the boat, or drain into the boat. <br /><br />At 8lbs a gallon it does not take alot of rain to put alot of force on the cover. With the pontoon boat you have a lot of flat area to fill up with water in a cover.<br /><br />I got my cover with the boat when I bought it it was a $400 dollar option. Well worth every penny of it. It keeps the boat 90% dry, and will even shed upto about 2" of light snow. (Found out the hard way, when it snowed after putting the boat on the dock 2 years ago)<br /><br />I found a dealer online, that list your custom playpen cover for $699<br /><br /> http://www.sonnysrv.com/03_Boats/Boats/Boats_Sales/boats_sales.htm <br /><br />Good luck keep us posted.