Bottom Paint or No Bottom Paint

waterdowg

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have an 1989 bowrider with chalkey bottom paint and it makes a mess when washing. I it use only in fresh water lake and trailer it, but may leave it in. A local marina told not to repaint, that the bottom paint polutes the water as it wears away. The bottom is a mess and it is easier and cheaper to have it painted. They recommend removing the paint with EZ-OFF, but the boat is on a trailer with bunkers not rollers. How would I get it off the trailer. <br /> :confused:

Pursuit2150

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bottom Paint or No Bottom Paint

There are ablative bottom paints"That do not pollute",Go to www.yachtpaint.com for info because it depends on what is on there now,for proper prep.A qt. of paint will do a 23' boat.The site is interlux, one of the best in the field.

chumbucket

Petty Officer 1st Class

Waterdowg is Randolph down south jersey or north?? Been here 58 yrs in nj. Learn something new everyday on these forum"s

waterdowg

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Chumbucket, Randolph is North Jersey about 10 min from Lake Hopatcong.

spinfreak

Cadet

Hey what do you know...where almost neighbors...lol. I live in Paterson. My brother used to live in Randolph...in the house right next to the car dealer on Rt 10. After he moved, the new owner did a major renovation to the house and property...he cleared all the trees off the property, and I think he changed it into a Nursery (plants, not kids...lol). I'm guessing that you keep your boat on Lake Hapatcong? If so, you know of any good fishing spots for the Hybrids?<br />~thanks and tight lines~