oil injection

68ltdwagon

Cadet
When did OMC start using the oil injection? I am mainly curius about an 84 115HP.<br /><br />Thanks.

D

DJ

Re: oil injection

I believe it was 1984. That system did not have the sophisticated warning system, but I believe it can be upgraded.

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Until you're confident with it and trust that it works - or until you decide to service it, you could simply use premix in both the fueltank AND the oiltank. This way the system is in use/filled and you know you're lubed no matter it actually works.

D

DJ

Simple test. Fill the tank, mark a line on it and run the engine for a day. (On the water, under load, of course.)<br /><br />See if the oil level dropped.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Couple other things to add to the already good advice......<br /><br />Mix a tank of premix and run it along with the VRO. This will protect the engine until a determination of wether or not the pump is working can be made, via oil tank level drop. Also, with the premix tank hooked up, pull the VRO feed line to the engine off and let what's left in the line in the motor be used up. You should get an urgent tone, 1/2 sec every 1/2 sec. This is to make sure the alarm is working. The low oil reservoir is a 1/2 sec tone every 20 sec's. or so and can be tested by removing the four torx head screws from the oil tank unit and lifting it straight up. The tone should sound after a few seconds.<br /><br />While ya' got the unit out, why not change the filter at the bottom of the oil tank unit. Cheap insurance.