lost power

buckeye700179

Seaman Apprentice
1968 evindude 100hp. well we took the boat out the first day and it ran great we had no problems with it so we came home. the next day we went to take the boat back out and it gave us just a little trouble starting every time it would start is would die a few seconds later. then the motor finaly starts and stays running so we let it set and idle for a few. then we took off and about 100 yards away i did not think the boat was not running right so turned around and the boat stalled. i tried to restart the motor and i have nothing will not even turn over. i have been looking at the book and it does not tell to much as far as this problem. but i also still have power to the lights and everthing else and along with a good charge on the battery. can anyone give me some sugestions on what to do to find the problem?<br /><br />thanks Roger

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: lost power

FAQ, Buckeye. "Outboard wont start".<br /><br />Good luck. :)

buckeye700179

Seaman Apprentice

sorry about that. yes the outboard will not start no power at the key?<br /><br />Thanks Roger

buckeye700179

Seaman Apprentice

hello, rick the problrm is that there is no power at the key so the outboard will not even tun over and i don't know where to even start?<br />Thanks Roger

Backlash

Chief Petty Officer

He Buckeye,<br />What JB was suggesting is for you to go the the FAQ forum and look at the first topic, Outboard Won't Start. This will give you all you need to know to troubleshoot your problem.<br />Backlash

buckeye700179

Seaman Apprentice

thanks.sorry about that i just have to many things going on at a time.like wife,kids,work,AND A BROKEN OUTBOURD. when it rains it pours. but i did look at the FAQ and it was some realy good info but the outboard will not turn over and no clicking at the solenoid. the one thing that i did notice was that when the motor quit running the little round light up by the ingnition swith will not light up no more. before it would light up on. <br /> thanks for the help everyone!

Backlash

Chief Petty Officer

Check your connections to your starter solinoid and all ground connections. They must be shiney bright clean. Also check the connections at your key switch. Since you've got a fully charged battery and your lights, etc. are working it's probably something in the starter circuit.<br />Backlash