1973 evinrude 50hp

reeldutch

Lieutenant
Today after having the motor winterised i started the outboard up.<br />It started up fine.<br />bud after a minute or two i tried to lower the warmup lever the engine stalls.<br />started the engine up and let it warm up a litle longer and than backed down the warm up lever and the same thing happend again.<br />than i choked the engine and it kept on running.<br />does this mean there is something wrong with the carborators?<br /><br />thanks reeldutch

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1973 evinrude 50hp

Give the fuel system a good lookin' over dutch....If it worked ok when ya' put it away for the winter, the it might just be a lose connection sucking air. <br /><br />Make sure the tanks is vented, primer bulb pumps up snug and no fuel leaks. If you have any hoses that are hard and have lost their flex, replace them. Look it over good before ya' start thinkin' about tearing down the carbs.<br /><br />Keep us posted....thanks.

reeldutch

Lieutenant
Re: 1973 evinrude 50hp

yep it looks like the primer bulp does not work as it should.<br />i have to buy a new set.<br />the motor was running fine in november so im not so woried about it.<br />next yeas i wil take the primer bulp hose of and put it in the basement so it stays warm and soft.<br /><br />thanks.<br /><br />hope this is the problem.