which manual

bullredd

Cadet
I once have a shop manual for my 1988 evinrude 150 outboard years back and now I can't find it. I bought it from a local Evinrude dealer. I believe the shop manual was for the 1988 evinrude 150 only. It had detailed step by step instructions. My question is, can I get this kind of manual from the internet instead from the dealer. I see evinrude manuals on the internet for a general group of years and horse power and did not see a manual for that specific year only. Would it be better information wise for repair and maintance if I get an evinrude shop manual for that specific year than get a multiple hp/year manual. I am trying to change the impeler and seals on the lower unit and hopefully rebuild the carbs next. Which manual should be better for detail instructions on that year model :confused: .

Richok

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: which manual

Yes you can find an actual Evinrude manual online.<br />I done this a few months ago, but sorry I can't remember the web address. I would go with the actual service manual. I tried some of the others and they are not as good. The actual manual has the wiring digram and Power tilt trim breakdown in the back. If I find the actual site I will post it for you.