'92 e'rude 115 runs rich,misses,uneven comp.

olross

Recruit
VE115TLEND 75 psi on lower STBD. 105 upper, 115 on both port cyl. Low cylinder sparkplug smutty, other 3 oily-wet, runs but speed increases then exhaust misfire with dark smoke, barely stays running, recovers & cycle repeats. "Wet" compression on low cylinder upped reading only to 85. Decarbed w/ OMC tuner in a can 3 times complete w/wardance and chants. Once warm idle is better but still "ahhh-put!-ahhhh-put!". VRO disabled, premix, fuel quality verified. I know it's tellin' me something, I just don't quite get it....

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: '92 e'rude 115 runs rich,misses,uneven comp.

Welcome!<br /><br />Well, if the dance and chants didnt work I'm afraid we're done for.....<br /><br />But lets look anyway. Are we sure the wires (either primary or secondary) arent crossed on the two starboard cylinders?

olross

Recruit

No but Thanks, Dhadley,dublchecked to be sure. Have now noticed that I have exhaust& water out of the middle case. I'm afraid the salt is finally winning the war. Oh well, I'm about due for an impeller anyway. Stand back Rocky, I'm going in ...

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

If that one plug is dry and sooty, like in a chimmeny, then we may have an air leak on that cylinder. Never a good thing.<br /><br />Lets pop the heads off and look at the cylinder condition. Probably time to replace the deflectors anyway.

olross

Recruit

Thanks Dhadley, heads off & gasket bad, some damage from foriegn object in bottom cyl. Little dents from impact. Not sure when. Both pistons show signs of deterioration around the very leading edge, maybe some detonation or ?? Head measures flat enough, Am replacing gasket & hoping to get a few more hours out of it before Davy Jones,