johnson oceon runner 115hp v4 60'

pickup 0008

Cadet
Hello every body.I have noticed water on the spark plug at the lower cylinder during a routine maintinance.I have opened the cylinder head and noticed that the top piston was more than perfect but the lower was a little bit hammered but the cylinders are in perfect condition,all I have noticed that the O rings had like salt at the bottom 2 cylinder.I pulled out the other cylinder head and found nearly the same.Can any body tell me what might be the problem.The engine only have 150 hours :confused: :confused:

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: johnson oceon runner 115hp v4 60'

Welcome 0008 - Now to the problem -<br /><br />Any chance that you injested some water through the carbs? What you described is detonation. How was the motor running? Did you do a compression check before pulling the heads? If not I would put the heads back on using the same head gasket if you can - do a compression check & post the results here.<br /><br />What/where are the o rings you referred to?<br /><br />Does not sound good sorry to say.

pickup 0008

Cadet
Re: johnson oceon runner 115hp v4 60'

Yes one of the bottom cylinders head a very low compression but it was only a rood test by trapping the spark plug hole with the finger all others did push my finger. I have put the cylinder head back with new O rings and all 4 cylinders are the same with the same test. In the water it never made any symtems,and always started normal refs always 5500 on full trottle.The O rings are between the cylinder head and the block instead of a normal gasket’s also noticed that the cylinder head bolts were not that tide. Now they are torque 25lbf