key help

93_lowe_l170

Cadet
I have a 1993 LOWE L170 JohnBas that I am trying to find a key for. The only numbers on the ignition are scratched on and read PK741, there are no markings around where the key goes into the ignition etc...I have seen the same model of boat listed online before and I am wondering if anyone one here has one and could get me the key code to get a new key, replacing the ignition I know is an option and I am an extreme novice at boat repair so I would like to exhaust all hopes of finding a key before replacing the ignition switch.<br /><br />Thanks :D

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: key help

The easiest thing would be to take the switch out and take it to a key shop. That is what they do.

D

DJ

93_lowe_l170,<br /><br />Most likely, that is an OMC switch. There are not that many key combinations. <br /><br />Call your John/Rude dealer and see if those numbers mean anything to them.

93_lowe_l170

Cadet

If I am going to take it out I will just replace it, just not that comfortable doing that myself and if I can spend a day or 2 calling shops and find it instead of $60-$70 replacing the ignition I will...<br /><br />Already called a few shops and those numbers mean nothing, figured with the popularity of LOWE boats someone might have one on here...but thanx for the suggestions..might get down to only those ideas left

cblguy4u

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It only cost me $20 to have a key made for my boat at my local locksmith.

rwise

Captain

93_lowe_l170 <br />Take it down to your local dealer, and see if you can find a key that works! Local dealer here says they used the same key with diferent code/s in diferent years. You may get lucky and they have it in stock, or you may not find one (as I did not). Good luck, and it helps if it's not there busy time!<br />Richard