92 15hp Johnson, Charger

The RealRookie

Petty Officer 3rd Class
This is a electric start model. Im wondering (and yes, i did check http://www.pugetsoundanglers.org/Fishing Info/Johnson 9.9_15.htm ) what these motors charge at?<br /><br />I didnt buy the motor because the skag damage threw me off. Some of the skag has been ground off (about 2 inches), but other than that, it just needs a deep cleaning under the hood. The motor was professionaly maintained and the boat place i went to see it at, the mechanic said it runs great.<br /><br />Skag damage, or is it scag damage turns me off!<br /><br />Oh yeah, some other thoughts. What do 9.9 stickerz cost? And, if you get cought with 9.9 stickerz on a 15, on a boat thats rated for 10, what can they do?

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: 92 15hp Johnson, Charger

Stickers are cheap! It's the fine and getting thrown off the body of water that hurts...

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Rookie.....yeah they (Conservation Officer or Warden or whoever) can pitch ya' off the lake. Around here, we have several restricted lakes...10hp or less. Yet it's a common thing for "9.9"'s to come in beefed to a 15. From what the guys tell me, if ya' ain't doin' goofy things on the water, there's no beef with the Officers. Now, I ain't tellin' ya' to go ahead and do it....but I would check around with other guys runnin' these restricted lakes yer lookin' at first.

fishinhole

Seaman Apprentice

Correct from everybody so far. But on a legal stand point, if you are running the boat and motor and a accident happens, the first thing a lawyer look at is if the boat is over powered, if it is OUCH!