Evinrude 140 PROPlem.

Eric H

Cadet
Last summer I bought 3 props, all similar in pitch, from a 140 Suzuki owner. He told me Suzuki and Evinrude props were interchangeable and I've used one I know for a fact came off his motor.<br /><br />2 of the props I bought have worked fine but the third I'm in question of. The gearcase side of the 3rd props hub is slightly different. It appears to have a pressed in type of thrust washer but all other dimensions, less the thrust washer, seem correct. It doesn't seem to fit the lower unit correctly because it appears to be set back away from the gearcase. <br /><br />I've searched this board and have found multiple responses, yes and no, to EVRD VS SUZ prop fitment but I've seen no definitive answers.<br /><br />Could someone please enlighten me here? Will the Suz prop fit? If not, can the washer on the case side of a Suzuki prop be pressed out to fit an Evinrude?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude 140 PROPlem.

This gets a little tricky without showing you in person. Measure the length of the slines in the prop in question vs the props that work. If the splines are longer and thats whats stopping the prop from sliding on further in the prop in question, the splines can be shortened. <br /><br />However, you have to look at the built in thrust washer too. If thats whats stopping the prop from going on further, that a different story. <br /><br />Take a look and let us know.